Sunday, February 13, 2011

1 Year Blog Anniversary

Tumblr_le2ug7qfrx1qcx9ipo1_400_large
credit


It all started with the first bump update one year ago.  We started this blog so that we can share our experiences and photos with our friends and family that were all very dear to us. And it was a lot easier to share our day to day adventures with everyone. There were always constant requests for pictures and updates on the bump status. At the beginning it seemed like no one thought the bump was big enough. But towards the end of the pregnancy people couldn't help but grin at how much my belly had grown.

A lot of changes have occurred over the course of one year. This time last year I was pregnant, reading many books on the birth and breastfeeding, how to take of a newborn and attending prenatal classes, hoping to be prepared mentally and physically for the birth of our child .  Since I assumed that I would go early I had taken two weeks vacation before my due date to have some time to prepare. But it ended up I had more time to catch up on sleep. Who knew that I should of cherished those last minutes of restful sleep :) and how precious they were.

We were blessed with the birth of our daughter on April 19 in the late evening of her due date.
The experience was life changing and we now understand why no one could really explain parenthood to us. We were always told " you will have to experience it for yourself". Words cannot describe the overwhelming feelings when you meet that little special person.  Your lives will never ever be the same. But we wouldn't have it any other way. Just to see her smile light up another person's face, a whole room... is priceless.
That same smile in the morning, makes my whole day!

I want to thank all our followers that have been with us this past year and of course, new friends that have joined our special circle. We love to hear from you so keep the comments coming along.


We are truly blessed to be surrounded with so much love and support.




I will have a post out later this week with a product review and details on our first giveaway.

Enjoy the last bit of your weekend!

XOX

4 comments:

Unknown said...

yay, I'm sooo glad you started this blog....loves to you guys!

Elisse said...

Congrats on your blog anniversary! One never knows how their blog will turn out after a year - I'm glad you've stuck to it and hope you will continue to blog!

Aileen said...

Thanks ladies for following and I do hope to keep it up!

Leesh said...

Happy blogiversary! I am glad you started this blog and kept posting. I may not understand how difficult it is to blog with a newborn but even doing it once a week will leave with you lots of memories that you can look back on and share with family and friends.

I hope you continue on for year 2.